Property Management Services in Adverse Weather Conditions for Week Starting Monday 26 February 2018
La Charente is currently experiencing extreme day time temperatures ranging from 0°C to -4°C, although the real feel temperature will range from -6°C to -11°C. However, together with the wind chill factor, the overnight temperature may be as low as a real feel of -20°C for the earlier part of this week.
Wednesday 28 February 2018 may bring the potential for heavy snow. Consider access to and from your property and plan ahead for snow clearance and laying grit and salt to avoid slips and falls of staying guests and occupiers.
Gîte Property Management Check List
If you have an unattended gîte or holiday home in La Charente area, then ensure that your property is protected from this week’s weather damage.
- Turn off the water to any outside garden taps. If it is not possible to turn off the water, then lag the tap with insulation material.
- Remove and store garden solar lighting and solar-powered water pumps.
Plants, Shrubs and Trees
- Remove terracotta plant pots and containers from outside spaces and store in a sheltered place. If the pots and containers cannot be moved, then protect with insulation material.
- Young plants, delicate shrubs and ornamental trees should be covered with winter fleece, breathable weed matting or warm plant jackets. Alternatives may be bubble and straw to protect the tops of plants.
Wooden Shutters and Gates
- Check wooden window shutters are closed to protect window panes
- Check that the wooden window shutters are not swollen pushing against hinges
- Check for swollen wood on gates preventing entry and exit from the property
Remember to avoid or to minimize any loss. If you cannot take steps to protect your property from this week’s adverse weather conditions, then contact your property manager or arrange for an emergency property check.